Thursday, August 30, 2012

Single Servings

If I don't get to canning my tomatoes fast enough and some parts start to go bad I just cut out the bad and make sauce with the leftover good bits. (This is how seeds end up in the compost.)

This pasta sauce was a simple toss together of onion, garlic, basil and tomatoes (skins on) which all came from my garden. 

I added some salt and lemon juice and cooked it down and then canned the sauce in small single serve jam jars. There's no hard and fast recipe, I just add as I go.

The size of jam jars is perfect for a single serving. Great for the nights when you come in late or are eating alone - like tonight - and want a dish of pasta fast. Boy, are these handy.

It's a one pot, one spoon meal. After the pasta is cooked and drained you can throw the sauce in the same hot pot to warm as you plate up. One pot to clean.




No comments: